01. The First Aider in Action
Section 1: The First Aider in Action
What is COVID-19?
- COVID-19 is the infection caused by the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (also known as coronavirus)
- Transmitted via contaminated surfaces or airborne following respiratory droplets from breathing, coughing or sneezing
- Transmission is reduced by good hygiene including regular handwashing, maintaining social distancing where possible and wearing a mask as required by Government rules
- This infection has implications for carrying out first aid currently