Welcome to Hampden Sports Clinic
Scotland’s leading sports injury and rehabilitation centre.
• CLICK HERE TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH OUR COVID 19 PROTOCOLS •
Hampden Sports Clinic remains open for Physiotherapy and Podiatry appointments
We are also offering remote video// online consulations.
The Clinic is now open Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm & 8am-4pm on a Friday. We're also now open Saturday 9am - 1pm ..
Following an initial formal risk assessment submitted and approved by Healthcare Improvement Scotland, and with your safety paramount we have put in place many additional procedural and hygiene measures including:
- WE HAVE EXTENDED OUR APPOINTMENT TIMES TO ALLOW FOR CLEANING OF ALL TREATMENT AREAS.
- RECEPTION CHAIRS RENEWED TO FACILITATE CLEANING AND PLACED AT A SOCIAL DISTANCE OF 2M.
- PERSPEX SCREEN AT RECEPTION WITH CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS ENCOURAGED.
- ONE-WAY SYSTEM AT ALL TIMES IN THE CLINIC TO MINIMISE CONTACT WITH OTHERS.
- GYM ACCESS ONLY FOR CLIENTS DURING APPOINTMENT PROVIDING A QUIET SOCIALLY DISTANCED AREA
- LIMITED HYDROTHERAPY POOL ACCESS. THIS SERVICE IS ABLE TO CONTINUE TO OPERATE AS PER CSP GUIDELINES.
- APPROPRIATE PPE FOR ALL MEDICAL STAFF.
- HAND SANITISERS IN PLACE THROUGHOUT THE CLINIC.
- ENHANCED CLINIC CLEANING REGIMES AND CLIENT-ONLY TOILETS.
- WHERE POSSIBLE AFTER CHECKING IN AT RECEPTION, WE WILL ASK YOU TO WAIT IN YOUR VEHICLE IN THE UNDERGROUND CARPARK, WHERE YOUR THERAPIST WILL COLLECT YOU AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT.
IF YOU'VE NOT ARRIVED BY CAR, THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE USE OUR WAITING AREA, WITH SOCIAL DISTANCE GUIDELINES IN PLACE.
Hampden Sports Clinic are COVID-19 secure and continue to remain open as an essential service throughout this third lockdown period. In this page, we have outlined the changes we have made in order to maintain your health and safety during your time at Hampden Sports clinic. We will update you as best we can about all future developments.
HERE IS HOW WE'RE GOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE DURING COVID 19 PANDEMIC:
- HAMPDEN SPORTS CLINIC REMAINS OPEN FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY AND PODIATRY APPOINTMENTS AS PER SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES FOR HEALTHCARE SERVICES.
- FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE DEEMED HIGH RISK FROM COVID-19 WE WOULD ALWAYS ADVISE A REMOTE VIDEO/ONLINE CONSULTATION. THIS WOULD COVER THOSE WHO FALL IN TO THESE CATEGORIES AGE > 70, BMI >40, WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM, COMORBIDITIES THAT CAUSE IMMUNOSUPPRESSION, DIABETES, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, PRE-EXISTING INFECTIONS, LONG TERM STEROID USE AND PATIENTS WITH KNOWN CANCER DIAGNOSIS AND THOSE WHO ARE CURRENTLY HAVING ACTIVE TREATMENT.
- WHILST HAMPDEN SPORTS CLINIC CONTINUE TO TAKE ALL REASONABLE STEPS TO MINIMISE ANY RISKS TO PATIENTS (INCLUDING OBSERVING SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES, INFECTION CONTROL AND PPE) WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PHYSIOTHERAPY MAY HAVE INHERENT RISKS IN THAT IT OFTEN REQUIRES CLOSE PHYSICAL CONTACT I.E. LESS THAN 2M DISTANCE FOR MORE THAN 15MINS. THIS MAY INCREASE RISKS OF EXPOSURE AND TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19. WE ASK ALL CLIENTS THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE.
We are STILL offering online video consultations FOR ANYONE WHO CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE CLINIC...
"Thank you for the video consultation. Your advice was invaluable. It was especially helpful that you got a chance to check my range of movements. In addition, you were able to suggest a range of exercises which might reduce the pain in my shoulder. I walked 5km today and my leg felt comfortable afterwards.
I hope that you are permitted to once again conduct physical assessments in the near future! Thank You."
(Video Consultation Client, May 2020)
The Hydrotherapy Pool is the biggest of its kind in the country, offering a fantastic form of supplementary rehabilitation to complement other methods of treatment and exercise based therapy.
Find Out More
We also have a rehabilitation gym suite where patients are able to build strength, endurance and flexibility. The opportunity to use these first-class facilities come free of charge whilst you are a patient.
Find Out More
The Sports First Aid course is endorsed by the Scottish Football Association with many other governing bodies such as Scottish Rugby and sportScotland Institute of Sport fully supporting the course. Mental Health in Sport coming soon.
Find Out More