Adapt and Recover - Online/Video Physiotherapy Consultations
Last updated: 5.48pm, Tuesday 29th March 2022
What does Hampden Sports Clinic's video physiotherapy consultation consist of and how can it help you?
- You will be asked to fill out a short form which will include a section regarding your current issue and your general health which allows the physiotherapist to get a feel for your issue from the outset.
- We will send a link at the time of the appointment where you will be able to click on to start the video consultation. Please check your junk email in case your email has placed the email here.
- Your physio will then ask questions relating to your issue and try and get some detailed information that will allow them to try and form a diagnosis before any functional tests.
- The next stage may involve your therapist asking you to run through some range of motion tests for a joint or look at combined functional movements. This may cause some discomfort as it may stress a painful area but it is important information to formulate a working diagnosis.
- Your physiotherapist will then take time to explain what they feel is the issue and also make sure you have an understanding of what this is. From here they will provide a series of exercises where appropriate which may be strength-based, range of motion-based, stretching or advice on to what would be an appropriate exercise load that you should be undertaking. Very often exercises will be sent out to you with the appropriate instruction.
The video sessions are available to all whether you are an existing client or not. The cost for the session is £40 and for those with private health insurance, the cost will be fully covered by all major insurance companies. This service is available to clients on both mobile and desktop devices.
You can contact the Sports Clinic via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information or if you have any enquiries ahead of booking an online appointment.
TESTIMONIAL - Thank you for the video consultation. Your advice was invaluable. It was especially helpful that you got a chance to check my range of movements. In addition, you were able to suggest a range of exercises which might reduce the pain in my shoulder. I walked 5km today and my leg felt comfortable afterwards.
I hope that you are permitted to once again conduct physical assessments in the near future! Thank You. (Video Consultation Client, May 2020)
Please click HERE to book an appointment…