Running Repairs: 2 day course, Glasgow: 25-26 JULY 2020
Last updated: 12.31pm, Friday 6th March 2020
We're delighted to announce that in July this year, the popular Running Physio is running a day course aiming to provide clinicians with the skills and knowledge required to assess and treat all common running injuries...
This 2 day Running Physio course aims to provide clinicians with the skills and knowledge required to assess and treat all common running injuries. There is a strong focus on practical solutions with real clinical value as well as thorough discussion of theory. Recent research will be integrated with clinical reasoning to provide an effective, evidence based approach.
By the end of the course the therapist should be able to:
- Understand the potential causes of running injury and be able to identify them in patients
- Appreciate the importance of injury prevention and our role within it
- Modify training volume, intensity and frequency to suit a client's needs
- Assess running gait and provide re-education where indicated
- Prescribe strength and conditioning programmes with a deeper understanding of how they affect pathology, pain and performance
- Integrate a depth of knowledge to treat tendinopathy, plantar fasciopathy, patellofemoral pain and other conditions commonly seen in runners.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at health professionals that treat runners and running athletes. This includes physiotherapists, sports therapists and other members of the multidisciplinary team. There is a strong focus on training modification, movement analysis and exercise prescription.
If you aren't sure if the course is for you please contact us on the email address above. We'd be happy to chat to you about it in more detail and answer any questions.
- Click HERE to book your place